FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Where are you located?
We are located at:
- 75-77 Merchants Row in Downtown Rutland, VT.
- Our Gym Facility is located on 21 Merchants Row.
- 15 Juneberry Lane (Hickory St), Rutland, VT
- 223 Chittenden Rd, Chittenden Vermont
What is your mailing address?
Boys & Girls Club of Rutland County
PO Box 636
Rutland, VT 05702
How may I contact you?
- Our phone number: Merchants Row: (802-747-4944
- 15 Juneberry Lane [Hickory St]: (802)-776-4123
- 25 Rossiter St. Brandon, VT: (802)-465-4131
Our fax number is 802-747-4961
When is the Club open?
The Merchants Row Club is open from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. during school vacations
Are the younger children separated from the older teens?
- Merchants Row Junior Club (Youth 06 to 12)
- Merchants Row Teen Center (Youth 13 to 18)
- Brandon Junior Club (Youth 06 to 12)
- Brandon Teen Center (Youth 13 to 16)
- Hickory St. (Youth 06 to 12)
Does my child have to stay at the Club once they arrive?
Yes and no.
Parents/guardians must fill out “permission to leave the Club” forms for their children when they sign up. Parents/guardians give instructions on these forms whether or not children are allowed to leave the Club after signing in. For those with permission, teen members may leave the Club once per day. If they wish to leave again, they must sign out for the day. If parents/guardians do not give permission for their children to leave, then members must stay in the Club unless staff is presented with a signed, dated note of exception. Daily members (those who do not fill out the membership paperwork and choose to pay $1 per day) utilize the Club as a drop in center. They are allowed to come and go as they want as long as they sign in and out each time, unless we have written instructions to the contrary.
Are meals provided?
A nutritious snack is provided daily and dinner is served nightly as part of our Kids Cafe program. During our Summer Season, lunch is provided every day at noon.
Are staff required to have background checks?
Every staff member and volunteer have full criminal background checks.